St Sozy is situated next to the river Dordogne at 104 meters altitude, close to Rocamadour & Padirac.
It’s population is just over 500 & the name originates from the latin saints name Sosius. It’s name was first mentioned
In 940 by Avnard – Vicomte de Chelles.
In the village you will find a small supermarket, newsagent, butcher,hairdresser, restaurant & bar.
The nearest village with a range of commerce is:
At the heart of the Quercy Périgord, at the entrance of the valley of the Dordogne and the Périgord, lies Martel, a beautiful medieval town, the former capital of the Viscount of Turenne. Between the XIIth and XIVth centuries the town embellished its medieval aspect with its seven towers, its monumental halle and palace. Magnificently restored, you will appreciate everything, including the local market (for more information visit the website www.martel.fr)
Within a 20 kilometre radius you can find other remarkable sites:
- Rocamadour, a sacred town built high up in the cliffs with its sancturaries: www.rocamadour.com
- Bretennoux, an ancient fortified town: www.ot-bretenoux.com
- Souillac : www.tourisme-souillac.com
Towns registered as the most beautiful towns in France include:
- Collonges la Rouge , www.collonges-la-rouge.fr
- Carennac : www.tourisme-carennac.com
- Autoire : cascade et village www.villagesdefrance.free.fr/page_autoire.htm
- Loubressac : www.loubressac.com
- Turenne www.chateau-turenne.com
- Curemonte www.curemonte.org